lunedì 21 ottobre 2013

Litterary memories

AI'm on the train on my way bavk from Edinburgh to London and the view is breathtaking.

All the villages and th woods and the green hills...

And the sea! I mean, I live on an island and work by the beach but this is so different.

The sea here is dark, agitated, torbid and it seems to be here to take back the land we inhabit.
And this whole idea is completed by the amazing cliffs that the waves try to have their way with.

I can really see how all this might have inspired so many writers, so much litterature...

I think I should come back here and rent a place by the sea to write my book.
Peace, quite and not having around anyone I know: it will be a masterpiece.

I have to stop writing here every 5 seconds to take pictures of the view...

Simply lovelly!

Looking at the cottages I can picture Marianne and Margaret Dashwood walking up and down or just Marianne tushing up to get a last good look at Willoughby's house...

I can see Elizabeth Bennet with her dress' bottom covered in mud power-walking towards Netherfield Park to check on Jane.

Ok, I guess the countryside is all about Miss Austen's works, but I have all the time in London to be Mrs Dalloway.

I can't even begin to immagine how hard it will be to walk around Bath with no Capt. Wentworth letter in my hands...

But back to this trip...

All the magic brought by the memories of Mansfield Park could be ruined by one thing only and here we have it: a group of loud, rude, smelly food eating Chinese people.

The postcard perfect view should have a different background so I think I'll enjoy it with my iPod in my ears...


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento