martedì 1 ottobre 2013

On meditation

When I was younger my father got a CD with his newspaper and, as those were the 90's and CDs weren't all that out and about, I begged him to let me have it and he gave up soon enough.

Well, I get now why he didn't put much of a fight over this CD.

On the cover it read something like "Meditation music" or "Music for your meditation" or something, I can't quite recall now and, honestly, I'm too lazy to get up and get the CD on the shelf just above my head...

So no, not really my father's cup of tea and he didn't mind giving it away.

It was all super soft loungy music, I guess structured to get you in touch with your inner self and crap like that, so of course at 14 I loved it.

I started spending entire afternoons, meaning 2-3 hours, listening to it sitting on my sofa in my room in the dark, leggs crossed and eyes shut trying to find my inner centre.

I would get so mad about not being able to empty my head from all the thoughts...

And today I am here again, in my bed this time, looking out of the window and trying to find that same centre with pretty much the same results.

I guess my 14y-o self had better expectations for me.

Ç'est la vie!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento