giovedì 3 ottobre 2013

Back in town

I must say I've never liked this city all that much...

It's noisy, cahotic (even with just 300.000 people in it), sometimes dirty and people are quite rude.

But now that I have been living here for almost 3 years I can see its appeal, I can see why people move here from all over the island.

I've been to bigger and better cities in my life and I think I can relate to the amazement of a person who spent all of her/his life in the middle of nowhere coming to a place where you actually need to get on a bus to go buy groceries.

But my friendship, love is too strong of a word for my feelings, with this city is based on a different ground: I don't really look for something to amaze me but for diversity.

I love being able again to eat out and not have to settle for pizza, going for drinks, happy hours, meetings, groups, societies... All this and more.

My social life has being resenting of our move back home, mainly because all of my friends now live somewhere else and, although I enjoy shopping with my mom and becoming one with my sofa, that just won't cut it for the whole week.

Soit's almost 2 pm and now I'll get dressed and I'll go out to grab a coffee or something with a new friend and I won't have to spend my time ri-orgnizing my closet.

Please, don't get me wrong, I'll have to lean that crap out of my closet. Just not now.

Maybe later?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento