mercoledì 26 dicembre 2012

12 days of Christmas

Well, perhaps not 12 days, but sure Christmas seems way longer than 1 day around here.

As you can clearly see I got lazy and i haven't written much lately, but let me tell you why.

I've been at my parents' for 5 days now and I've been on a "tour de force" ever since.

Day 1: get my stuff out of the way and get some study done (French mid terms are just around the shiny holiday corner);

Day 2: Get some more French out of the way but just so we can clear the table to finish all the wrapping and card-writing.... for some strange reason I seem to be the only one who can write in my family when needed... "Oh but you have I nicer handwriting..." "I wouldn't know what to write..." "I don't feel like doing it" (that last one being a direct quote from  my brother);

Day 3: THE COOKING BEGINS! We had everything ready to make lasagna (so many portions to freeze for those famous rainy days) and to get started on the Christmas Eve food: we grilled the veggies, defrosted the prawns and the mussels and get the cauliflower on its way;

Day 4: It's Christmas Eve!!! Wake-up, get up, eat up, shower up, dress up, make up... All this just to go see some relatives and make a fool of myself in front of the biggest assembly of food ever seen. Skip dinner and off to the bar for my Christmas treat (or every day treat): a nice Jack with one ice cube;

Day 5: Try to get up and off for a nice left-overs lunch.... Die all afternoon;

TODAY: Survive.

After all we kind of owe to our families/friends to be there for them in the time of need.
"Need" meaning when there's way to much food to be eaten by only one person.

Hopefully tomorrow everything will be back to normal. Or to whatever you might call my normality.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento